Oct 2, 2011

Internet Moguling

So while I let the blog slightly fall by the wayside, I have been on Youtube & Facebook tryna get my mogul on, you know...tryna get to guru status & shit. So forgive me. I know you still love me. And for those of you have been asking me What exactly is RisqueGlamhere's a little back history.

RisqueGlam is a name a chose years ago, like back when Myspace was just starting out. Back then, I had a couple of websites. One I used as my blog & the other was my portfolio site. I was doing freelance graphic design at the time & even then I branding myself lol. My page on Myspace was one of my creative outlets because I would frequently update my page with a new layout featuring whatever digital art I created at that particular time. RisqueGlam is what I would describe my online persona as a designer to be. Very sexy & sassy, almost enough to make you blush but still glamorous & demure enough for others to aspire to be it. 

risqueGLAM on Youtube
Initially when I started my Youtube channel in July 2011 & launched my whole branding mission, I was only going to target the hair/beauty community. But then I realized people find me kinda funny & like the things I have to say, not just the things I can show them. So I decided to include all facets of ME into my brand. I'm going to be showing you what I know about hair/beauty. I'll show you my personal style & things in fashion I think are hot. I'll be clocking the tea on the latest celeb gossip & fuckery. I'll even be giving you candid & serious glimpses of who I am. I want RisqueGlam to be a brand that displays my individuality as feisty young woman living in the city as well as encourage others to have the confidence to be individuals as well. 

RisqueGlam is not just a name. It's my brand. It's my baby. It's something I created & put a lot of time, effort, thought, & work into. I do all the filming & hours-long editing for my videos. I come up with the concepts of my videos. I design my blog myself. I write my own entries. I network, market AND promote myself. I do it all!!! Oh-kay!! So this is big to me, its a little more than just a hobby. And I really do have aspirations to take it as far as I possibly can. So hopefully you guys will watch me as I build RisqueGlam into something I'm sure will be phenomenal!!

I'm gonna be blogging more too. I'm really tryna get my e-Mogul on, oh-kay!! I can't say that this blog will even put lumped into one specific category either but I guarantee you it will be entertaining, whatever I do post. A lot of people liked my Playing With Peoples Hearts...JLS entry. I'm gonna be including more serious entries like that too. So keep a look out for those.

I also wanna thank everybody for subscribing to my Youtube channel & everyone who likes RisqueGlam on Facebook. You guys don't know how much that means to me.  In the future I'm gonna try to put together a giveaway or a contest or something. But we gotta get to 1000 subscribers first. I just hit 200 subbies today. SO GET TO SUBBING!!!

2 comments:

  1. I hold on to my name too! It's a specail feeling once you found that name that represents you and what you're trying to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it really is a special feeling!! =)

    ReplyDelete